National Award-winning filmmaker Meghna Gulzar's Daayra is set to release in theatres on September 18. The film marks the first time Kareena Kapoor Khan and Prithviraj Sukumaran will share the screen. Ahead of the crime thriller's release, here's a throwback to when Prithviraj spoke about the film and opened up about working with Kareena.The Sarzameen actor praised Meghna Gulzar's filmmaking and lauded the script, while revealing that much of his excitement came from Kareena playing the other lead.
Prithviraj told Zoom, "Daayra is a script I am very excited about. I think Meghna has got a wonderful film on paper. Given her skill and craft as a filmmaker, I am really counting on that being a cracker of a feature film. Most of all, the excitement is palpable for me because Kareena is doing the other character. And the film is very much about these two characters."

The actor continued, "It’s just one of those scripts you read and you just can’t let go. I am so thankful that Meghna thought of me for that role. I am really looking forward to that film going on floors."
For Daayra, Meghna Gulzar reunites with Junglee Pictures for the third time after Talvar (2015) and Raazi (2018).
Inspired by several true events, Daayra follows DCP Ajooni Kohli (Kareena Kapoor Khan) and DCP Raman Kumar (Prithviraj Sukumaran) as a controversial case places the two officers on opposing sides of the same system. The film explores questions of truth, accountability and the moral boundaries of justice.

Directed by Meghna Gulzar, Daayra stars Kareena Kapoor Khan and Prithviraj Sukumaran in the lead roles and is produced by Junglee Pictures and Dr Jayantilal Gada (Pen Studios). Distributed by Pen Marudhar, the film releases in theatres on September 18, 2026.
from filmfares https://ift.tt/D1yoa8T
0 Comments